Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Kanebo Kate BB Gel Cream Review

I bought the Kate BB Gel Cream in Tokyo from my recent Japan trip. Believe it or not this is actually the first BB Cream I own and I absolutely love it!

Color
This BB Gel Cream has 3 shades. The color I have is OC-C which is the medium shade.


How it actually looks like:


This color is a bit darker than the normal color I use for my Shu Uemura foundation but it still fits my skin pretty well. The foundation I use makes me look brighten as I use a lighter color, but this BB gel cream color is very natural. I think the OC-B would be too pink for my skin. Like most other BB cream, Kate BB Gel Cream doesn't have a lot of shades but since it still fits me, I am happy about it and I would rate this 4/5.


Consistency

Although they call themselves a gel cream, it's more like a cream than a gel. It's definitely not like the regular gel cream you have in moisturizer. Maybe I'm used to my Shu Uemura foundation which is extreme light, I found this BB gel cream a bit thick at first, although I got used to it pretty quickly and overally I would say it's medium consistency. It is not hard to blend on my face and doesn't give me any cakey appearance. Again I give this 4/5.


Coverage

I am actually surprised how good coverage is! Maybe it's the color or maybe it's the consistency, but coverage is pretty good. It covers most redness of my skin and I use it on top on the first application as a concealer. I use a dabbing motion on any acne spots I have and around my eyes. Although I still use concealer for my undereye dark circles, I don't have to apply concealer again for other redness or discoloration. I give this 4.5/5


Price

This costs only about $10 CAD when I bought it in Japan which is very good for its quality! I think if you buy online it's a bit more expensive. I also love how since it's a BB cream, it contains moisturizer, makeup base, and SPF 30++. It's a one step product for my morning rush! Price is definitely a 5/5!


Overall

Pro:
- great price!
- good coverage
- non-cakey
- very natural color

Con:
Really I don't have any negative points for this product, maybe if I really have to find I'd say it's not as fine in consistency as my Shu Uemura foundation, and color selection is too little. But then I am paying for $10 for this Kate BB Gel Cream, whereas my Shu Uemura roundation costs me $40 in Japan, and $70 if I get them in Toronto! So how can I complain! Maybe I should complain that it's not readily available in Toronto? So far I am pretty happy wtih this brand Kate. The eyeliner (see review HERE) and blush (haul post HERE) I bought are pretty good as well!! I'm going to look for more products of this brand!

This product is definite worth a 4.5/5! Happy happy :)
Get this BB Gel Cream through Amazon.com here.

What is your favourite BB Cream?



16 comments:

  1. Great review. I have never tried this BB cream. Must look into it now.

    New follower.
    http://myminibag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming! I love how BB Creams eliminates so many other steps in my makeup routine! Check it out!

      Delete
  2. nice review mimika... love your name, its unqiue...
    found and following you through bloghop, would love if you follow back....

    www.lipglossaffairs.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliments! I followed you as well! Keep it up!

      Delete
    2. Your blog is brilliant, I really enjoy your reviews! Thanks for your positive feedback, I followed your blog :-D xxx

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great product. Is it offered in the US? Thanks for following my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they are offered in regular stores in the US, but you can check out Asian cosmetics stores in the US or online like cosme-de, sasa, or yestyle! Hope you find it :)

      Delete
  4. Great post! I think BB creams are pretty interesting, but the ingredients are important to me. I have a sample of Origins BB cream that I'm going to try out today. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! This sounds like a pretty good bb cream, and the coverage seems nice too. That's good that it comes in 3 different shades - it's very rare to see bb creams in more than 1-2 shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S Thanks so much for following my blog! I hope you'll stop by again soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review on this product! it does sound really good! I wished they had a trial size of this so I can try without committing to it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good! Do you know how light the lightest shade is, would it be too dark for NC10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used NC10 but from the pics online it looks to be similar....but I think you have to see the real thing to be sure

      Delete
  9. I am using this BB cream in OC-C! :) Hello! Found you at the Friday Blog Hop and I'm now following you via GFC. Love for you to follow back when you get a chance.

    Altair of That Chief's First Lady
    http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing this review!! I have tried the Freshel BB from Kanebo as well and it works nice on me. This really interests me as it seems to provide more coverage compared to the freshel's one. Great review =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have orange or pink undertones? I recently tried a bb cream that made me feel orange even though when I tested it at the store it didn't seem like it would be a problem.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...