Friday, 27 April 2012

Beauty Products from Japan!!

Finally I've started organizing all the stuff I bought from Japan and here's a haul post as promised! This post is on beauty products only. Overall everywhere I`ve been you don`t see any signs of the Tsunami anymore. I bought a lot of drug store brands which has great quality and well priced. I also like Shiseido Maquillage and Shu Uemura for their foundation. For major brands, such as Shu Uemura and SK-II I got them at the airport duty free since it`s tax free. Most department store or drug store either don`t do tax refund at all or no tax refurnd for cosmetics. For those of you that shop till the last minute, there is a Matsumoto Kiyoshi (Drug Store Chain) that opens 24 hours in Shinjuku close by Kabuki-cho! Literally shop till you drop!

**UPDATE** If you love travelling to Japan as much as I do,
please also check out my Facebook page Japan Travel Tips on everything and anything you need to know about visiting Japan!

I will do another haul post of clothes, shoes, and accessories later. Stay tuned! For more tips on shopping and beauty in Japan, check out my Tutorial Section!


1) Hada Labo Gokuyjun collection


This line of product is soooo popular in Japan that they really deserve their own pic. I bought almost everything in this line except for the oil based make up remover 'cuz oil based makeup remover never works for me. From left to right: Face cream, Makeup remover, Hyaluronic serum, toner, sun block, and lotion. So far I've only tried the makeup remover, serum, lotion, and toner. I really love the serum. I've been using it for 2 weeks and I really do feel my skin getting better and I can see my pores getting smaller. The makeup remover is gel based and I found the texture a bit hard to massage on my face. The lotion and toner are both a bit too sticky for me although they are pretty moisturizing. Overall I recommend the serum. It costs only around $20CAD and for that results definitely something I would restock! For the Makeup Remover, see my quick review here.


2) Mask - Kose Clear Turn White


I only bought Kose masks this time but they are soooo amazing! Honestly for that price they are a lot better than the SK-II I am using. These mask are very moisturizing. This line is called "Clearn Turn White" which of course is whitening, and they really work! From left to right, back to front: Clear Turn White Collegen mask, Clear Turn White Pearl mask, Clear Turn White Collegan mask (again!), Clear Turn White Daily use collegan mask , Clear Turn White Daily use vitamin mask. The Daily use mask are not as moisturizing though and the instruction is only to put on for 5 min. I guess the daily mask are not as heavy duty.


3) Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam Cleanser, Cleansing Milk, Kose Perfect Makeup Remove (Eye and Lip), Shiseido Lip Balm


 As you can see I love these products especially the Perfect Whip cleanser! If you saw my previous post on cleanser reivew you can see why. They are just sooooooo much cheaper in Japan and works so well. Highly recommended :)


4) Hair care


 From left to right, back to front: Tsubaki water, Sala moisture essense (both blue and pink), Sala hair mask, Niawase hair wax, Lucido-L Arrange Wax Fix. I have been using the Sala moisture essense for a while. These 2 are new packaging and I still don`t know how the blue and pink different from each other. The Sala hair mask totally surprised me - it is very moisturizing. I didn`t even massage it on my hair just left it on for 5min and volia! My hair is so soft and shiny after rinsing! The Niawase hair wax is great too - style my hair while still giving it flowy feeling and not too sticky. I bought it at a salon though so I`m not sure if it`s available at regular store.


5) Make up!



I am crazy about Japanese make up products! Some of the products you are seeing I've already started using/to save packing space I took off the packaging. So I have deja-vu mascara, Fasio mascara, Majorlica Majorca mascara, Kate eyeliner, Maquillage Foundation, Kate face powder, Shiseido Integrate eye shadow, Majorlica Majorca eye shodow, Majorlica Majorca highlight, Kate BB Gel Cream, Kate blush, Shu Uemura foundation. So far I'm happy with them all. Fav products include Integrate eye shadow, Maquillage foundation, Shu Uemura foundation, and Fasio mascara. The Kate BB Gel Cream is good too. See review of products here (more to come!):
Kate BB Gel Cream Review
Majolia Majorca Majolook Tick On Eye Shadow Review
Fasio Ultra Curl Lock Mascara Long Review
Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner and Pencil Review


6) Miscellaneous



From left to right back to front: Ayumi Hamasaki A fake lashes, eye lash curler, Shiseido fake lashes glue, Luminuous fake lashes, blackhead brush cleaner, face foaming wash net. I like the nose blackhead brush. The packaging says it is made of real horse hair. I can't say my blackhead totally disappeared, but it does look lighter afterwards. See more details of this product here.


7) Yojiya


I bought these in Kyoto. Yojiya is a famous brand only availble in Kyoto and surrounding cities (I think they recently opened a small store in Tokyo?). It is very famous among Japanese and is a must-buy for a lot of Japanese women when they visit Kyoto. I bought it in the Gion store which is one of their oldest store. Apparently they make great make up brush and I bought an eye liner brush. They are also very well known for their facial bloating paper which is the middle pack. I also bought some hand cream and a paper foaming face wash (right) which seems great for travelling. You just put it under the tap and it foams up.


I hope this post isn't too long for you to read and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  Please feel to let me know if you have any questions :D Check out my Tutorial Section for more tips on shopping for Japanese beauty products! If you love Japanese cosmetics products, shop online at amazon.com


Thanks for reading. If you like my site please support by subscribing to me! I don't get paid for review and just wanna share my love of beauty with those who has the same interest :) If you wanna link my site and use my pics feel free but please link back and credit me. Thanks!

18 comments:

  1. thanks thanks mimika :P so helpful for my coming Tokyo trip!! looking forward to your other haul (clothes etc)

    ((i recognise that a lot of the stuff you got I can actually get in local Sasa, so probably I'll get them here instead of from Japan..))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky girl! I wish I live in HK too :D

      Delete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog :D! go to http://lisascosmetics.com/ for exact dates and times but it's basically every weekend until may 14th :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely jealous of this haul girl!! You always here how amazing their products are.

    Great blog love!
    xoxo Heather
    http://behindthelashes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) Yup Japanese beauty products are amazing! You can also get a lot of them at sasa.com although it`s a lot cheaper buying directly in Japan.

      Delete
  4. I am so jealous! Especially of the last range, is it just me or don't you think the Japanese packaging for everything is so gorgeous? Thanks for stopping by my blog, following you now xx

    kokeshibeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Japanese packaging are sooooo pretty for everything that a lot of times I don't even want to open the package!

      Delete
  5. wow! I'm soo jealous! -~.~ hihi. I love japanese products too!
    :>>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous!! I would LOVE to be able to go to Japan. I'd definitely stock up on things to bring back to the states too!

    xoxo


    http://purelyenvy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the products you got especially the blotting paper Yojiya. I bought so many packs when I went to Kyoto in 2010. Still using them :)

    thanks for stopping my blog. am your new follower

    Dorothy @ Dorothy's Little Wonderland
    http://dorothyslittlewonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great info. Thanks so much! More stops to add to my Tokyo itinerary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, i m Kyoko living in Japan.

    This is beauty paper of a brand made in Kyoto Japan.

    "Youjiya"it was very good!!

    plz look!

    http://bit.ly/10gqmL0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I just came across your blog tonight and I love your reviews, so informative! I was wondering if you could help me with a quick question: are most the products shown on your website just regular drugstore products? I'm new to Japan and at a complete loss as to where to shop for makeup and I feel like a complete idiot, since I'm in Japan, come on, it's like one of the biggest beauty countries and I have no clue where to buy my makeuhaha thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for dropping by!! The Japanese products I have on my blog is a mix of drug store and department store brands. Check out my previous post about what brands can be found in drug store vs department store. Note that some brands are available in both, and a lot of the times drug store tends to be cheaper. Enjoy shopping in Japan!

      http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca/2012/07/mimikas-tokyo-shopping-beauty-tips-part.html

      Delete
  11. Hello mimika, How to use Kose Perfect Makeup Remover (Eye and Lip)? I cannot read/understand Japanese and also cannot find instructions on the internet... Thx!

    freddyroosevelt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) The easiest way is to put some makeup remover onto a piece of facial cotton, put it over my eyes or lips for a approximately 10-15 sec and wipe it off. Follow by a new piece of clean cotton to wipe of any residual. For more info on how to remove makeup, check out my post on removing makeup and cleansing: http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca/2012/05/my-nightly-beauty-routine-part-i.html

      Also check out my tutorial section for more info!
      http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca/p/tutorial.html

      Delete
  12. Thank you for this post, I'm in Japan now and have found it helpful! I am going to buy the shiseido perfect whip cleanser when I get back into tokyo! :D
    Www.kimkine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing this information on these products. I like trying out new products and a lot of Asian beauty products are great. Thanks =)

    sprinkleofmetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...